we are inspired by our Catholic Faith and the Gospel Values of love, equality, justice, reconciliation, mutual respect and service
St Edmund of Abingdon
Nurture the Catholic Faith as a community in which everyone exhibits dignity and respect, and has a thirst for social justice through personal growth and reflection.
Embed a lifelong love of learning and pursuit of academic excellence.
Instil in each pupil the values of ambition, diligence and integrity to live happy and fulfilling lives.
ecognising and celebrating the uniqueness of every child.
How we do it…
- Provide the highest standards of Catholic Secondary Education.
- Deliver a broad, balanced, relevant and challenging curriculum; within which specific moral, ethical and religious issues are taught in the light of the teaching of the Catholic Church.
- Place worship of God and Prayer at the centre of school life through assemblies, Holy Mass and other liturgies.
- Develop a desire in each pupil to progress academically, spiritually, morally, culturally, mentally and physically.
- Provide a caring and secure atmosphere based on mutual respect within the entire school community.
- Promote respect for, and understanding of, the culture and religious principles of others and to challenge any form of discrimination.
- Ensure there is a strong and persistent emphasis on equal opportunities for all.
- Encourage the professional commitment and development of all staff.
- Development of each pupil's unique talents and gifts.
- Prepare pupils to contribute to and cope with modern society and to develop the ability to respond positively to change.