During Key stage 3, pupils will have discrete lessons which aim to establish key computing skills and knowledge which is evidenced through practical skills completed in class. The key stage 3 curriculum is designed to incorporate both the computing national curriculum as well as the development of essential ICT skills that are required to support them throughout their learning but also into the workplace.
Students can expect to learn the following:
- How to use technology and knowing how to stay safe when online.
- Investigating the impact of modern and emerging technologies on society.
- How to plan and develop products in line with audience needs.
- Developing problem solving and programming skills.
- Improving IT skills that can be applied across the curriculum.
National curriculum for Computing programmes of study - https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/national-curriculum-in-england-computing-programmes-of-study/national-curriculum-in-england-computing-programmes-of-study#key-stage-3