St Edmund's equality objectives are:
• To develop children’s understanding of equality and diversity, through collective worship;
• To develop children’s understanding of equality and diversity, through the curriculum;
• To develop children’s understanding of equality and diversity, through external visitors and trips; and
• To narrow the attainment gap for our Pupil Premium children in reading, writing and mathematics.
The overall objectives of KCSP are:
- To help all children and young people achieve fulfilment spiritually, academically, emotionally and psychologically by supporting them, and their families, and to ensure particular improvement in the lives of the most vulnerable.
- To narrow the gap in the attainment and progress of different groups of learners, with a particular focus on improving the achievement of pupils with Special Educational Needs and/or Disability (SEND), those in receipt of pupil premium funding and the “most able”.
- To value and support all employees within the Trust, by providing career development and progression opportunities to all (including those groups protected by the Equalities Act), so that their well-being is further enhanced, engagement is increased and the Trust workforce better reflects the diversity of the local population at all levels.